Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

The story continues... Best Buy , Best yeah right...

So where did I leave off ? Oh yeah no one in to fix my MAC. Or no one that feels comfortable opening one up rather...

So I left my beautiful year old MAC in the trusted hands of the Geek Squad... That was Saturday morning that I was told it would be sent out and someone would contact me about getting it to the lab if the hard drive was in fact bad. I was told that nothing would be lost. All they would have to do is send it to the lab.. ( They kept saying lab like it was some magical place)
Well I did in deed get a call the very next day. From a young lady who told me that my hard drive was bad and that they needed to send it out and would have someone call me as soon as they know how much the hard drive back up would be.
Shoot I almost forgot, the original guy that took it in charged me $99.99 to do a back up. I asked him why I was being charged if he was pretty certain that they could not do any backing up or repairs on site? And I asked why I would have to pay for anything when I paid for the extended warranty?
Well he told me that it was standard..
HMMM? I guess standard means we want your money..

So any how the young lady who was not part of the Geek Squad told me that someone would be getting back to me and she assured me that my MAC would be sent out within the next 2 days.

I asked her if I could speak to someone in the Geek Squad and she told be they were to busy to take my call and that is why she was calling me for them. I the asked her for the managers name which she gave me and asked if he was in. She told me he was not and that I could speak to any of the managers on duty if I would like..
I told her no thanks and asked when the manager, the General manager would be in next that I would like to speak to him.....
Well the young lady who was growing very impatient with me told me that she had no idea when he would be in , I asked if they had a schedule posted that she could check and she told me
" No, they don't tell us when our manger will be here"
I don't know about any of you , but I have never heard of anything like that . I was a retail manager for 5 years and trust me, my employees knew my schedule... But who knows maybe this is some new fancy high tech way of running a multi-billion dollar company.....

Well I took matters into my own hands after feeling like I was getting no where super fast with this young Best Buy Employee..
The very next day I spent 1 and a half hours of my life on the phone with Best Buy customer service. Those minutes ticked by and I will never get them back..
I had the very unpleasant experience of speaking to someone that really hated their job.
I was told that Best Buy would not do anything for me in terms of my hard drive recovery. He now called it a recovery and not a back up.
So what did I pay the $99.99 for days earlier then?
Well after a going no where fast conversation I decided to ask the gentlemen, and I use the term gentlemen loosely..

After going round and round about what Best Buy would not do for me I asked him what they WOULD do for me? He very simply told me that they would do nothing, not a thing, I would have to wait for the Geek Squad to call me when they had my MAC and information on the recovery.
Well as you could probably guess I was not satisfied with that answer... So I continued by asking him what Best Buys " Mission Statement " was. I wanted to know their goal was as a company and what they decided their role should be...
It took that man 35 minutes to find what I found by simply googling it in 2 minutes. So while sitting on hold waiting for him to find what I was already ready I had my plan of attack ready.
I might seem bitter, but please don't confuse this with me wanting the knowledge of what this company is meant to stand for..

I have to tend to my cute little monster... Check back for the outcome ( of the conversation lets call it
" 1st call to customer service"
Be back soon

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment